Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Chicken Rice Broccoli in the Crockpot


4 frozen chicken breasts
1cup of uncooked brown rice
1can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups frozen broccoli florets
2 cups shredded cheese
Season to taste with Montreal Chicken Seasoning or your own favorite chicken seasoning.

This old favorite casserole just got EASIER by far and lets the kitchen stay cool! Yesterday around 3:00pm I put 2cups of water, a cup of rice, and 4 FROZEN ckn breasts that I sprinkled with Montreal Chicken Seasoning in the crock-pot on high. About 5:30 pm I used my kitchen shears to cut the chicken into bite size pieces and stirred in a can of cream of mushroom soup. I put some frozen broccoli in a dish with a bit of water and steamed that for 4mins in the microwave. I added the broccoli and about 2 cups of shredded cheese to the crock-pot dish and stirred again. Ta-Dah! It was done with practically no trouble and very little heating up the kitchen!

No comments: